Friday 24 March 2017

My Current Skincare Routine | Spring Forward

Hey ladies,

Today I will be sharing with you my favourite skincare products. If I had to start this blog when I first started Mary Kay I wouldn't have been able to confidently tell you what I was using and loving but after trying the products and figuring out what I like, I can finally tell you my favourites. I want to say that one of my favourite things about Mary Kay's skincare is that you can mix and match between all the lines and they still work together greatly!

When choosing skincare that is going to work for you, you have to analyze your skin and figure what its needs are! My skin is combination (this means it is oily and dry all at once)! It is also sensitive but acne prone so I have to be careful with some types of products. If you are having trouble figuring out what works, just give me a massage and I will help you out!


After a long day at school wearing makeup I always look forward to coming home and wiping away my makeup. I use 2 cotton rounds from Walmart each time and I put a little bit of Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover on each and it gently takes away all my shadow, liner and mascara. I have also used it on my lips to remove stubborn lipstick and it works perfectly! (tastes a bit weird though)  

I then wash my face with the ClearProof Cleanser and Skinvigorate Facial Brush with warm water. The Cleanser is harsh enough to wash away my face makeup and treat my acne without drying out my skin. It has salicylic acid in it so it treats blemishes as it washes and the Facial Brush helps exfoliate daily without being to harsh on my sensitive skin. After this I use another cotton round and apply the Clearproof Toner. A toner is something most women forget or just don't know to use but it is a crucial step for having nice skin. Toner's rebalance your skin's pH - in other words it takes away that stiff feeling you get after you wash your face! After toning I apply a dime sized amount of Oil-Free Hydrated Gel! THIS TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND. I knew it was a Mary Kay product, I seen it every time I placed an order and every time I flipped through The Look and I still wonder why I never thought anything of it. I got it for free one month as an ordering bonus and I ran out of whatever I was using and said "frig it now! It was free and nobody ever buys it?!" and when I started to use it I fell in LOVE. It is lightweight, it absorbs right into my skin and it creates the perfect base for my makeup. The thing is I was still skeptical on two things: this cream costs $40 a crock and I have dry skin around my nose yet this product was oil-free! I put it to the test and it won me over because this crock lasts me a lot longer than the other moisturizers I was using and it moisturizes my skin without making me oily. This is a hidden treasure!

On my eyes, I use the Cooling Eye Gel and it works wonders in the morning on my puffy eyes. It is super thin and once you leave it for a couple of minutes it doesn't even feel like you put it on. I also love the Firming Eye Cream but I do not use it religiously because I am not yet aging and I find I have no reason to YET. My mom swears by it though and it is on of my top 5 best sellers!

Weekly (sometimes twice a week), I use the Botanicals Mask. This is so nice. Its minimal ingredients make it wonderful for any skin type and even though it isn't geared towards acne prone customers, it is great to keep pores clear and skin's surface smooth and clean. I usually will put this on in the bathtub and wash it off before I get out.

Well everyone, that was my skincare routine. I will let you know if I change any of the products up! If you have any ideas for my next blog post, let me know and thanks for reading!

XO
 Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment