Thursday 16 February 2017

Why I Started Mary Kay

Mary Kay consultants everywhere call "the reason why" they started Mary Kay their I-Story and they share their's to inspire others to hopefully join their team so here is mine!

I was first introduced to Mary Kay at a very young age. I would see my mom, my friend's moms and other women wearing the lipstick and "the brown stuff." It was probably one of the first make up brands I knew as a young girl but at that young, naive age I never looked at the actual quality of the product or the story behind it.
My very first skincare "line" was the Velocity line from Mary Kay and it only had 2 products in orange and white tubes. My mom had bought them from Tina O'Brien who I always knew sold Mary Kay because she lived next to where I got my hair done and my elementary school boyfriend's mom! She was passionate about the brand and she always gave me samples when I came over! I thought it was so cool that she had a room full of makeup in her house! It was funny because the idea of this business still never occurred to me. I must have thought that Tina was granted special permission to sell this or something. Who would have known that ANYONE could sell Mary Kay?
As more makeup brands were introduced and we drove to Wal-Mart on the weekends where they had a huge selection, I started to wear my own makeup (probably products that was harming my skin and causing some of my acne.) I watched lots of Youtube videos about how to apply it, what to buy and what the latest trends were and Mary Kay got lost and referred to in my head as "an old lady brand." This stereotype still exists when I mention that I sell it.
At the end of Grade 11 I was over to my friend Brandi's house while she was tutoring me and she had just gotten a huge box of product in the mail from Mary Kay! She told me she could come to my house and I could try things on for free and I could invite people. She told me her aunt sold Mary Kay and that she had a whole room of it. I was already sold. I could order things and organize them and show people products and sell them? Yes.
Brandi came over for the party with boxes and bags of amazing products and little mirrors and spatulas. I was in heaven! I even helped her show people how to put on makeup! At the end of the party I earned the Clearproof skincare Set as a Hostess Gift so she told me she would come over in a couple of weeks to drop off a few things mom had ordered and see what I think. I started using the Clearproof and it started to clear up the teenage acne I had right away. I was so happy and I wanted to try out some more stuff from Mary Kay. when she came over, she showed me the starter kit and I signed up. When I got my kit, I started having parties and the rest leads me to here!

My goals for 2017 are to build my Mary Kay team and get some more ladies hooked on the wonderful products that Mary Kay has.

I want everyone to understand that I am a full-time student, part-time worker, Girl Guide leader and I still sell Mary Kay which means anyone can. It is the best business I have heard of and I will continue to use the products for a long-long time. I make money while doing something I love and that is so important :)

No comments:

Post a Comment